What does bicycling in Philadelphia mean to you? Send submissions of 200–1000 words to publisher Travis Skidmore at [email protected]. We also welcome submissions of photography, drawings, poetry, and video. Deadline: Friday, March 20th, 2015, 5pm.
Travis began cycling in Philadelphia in 1992 while he was a design student at Drexel. After working for three years at a local bike shop he helped start Team Shiftless, a SingleSpeed MTB racing team. By day his Surly Big Dummy enables him to haul kids, groceries and library books. By night his Schwinn Crosscut cyclocross bike has him exploring the woods and roads.
Sign up for our monthly Newsletter
- Boring Bikes for Better Tours January 18, 2016
- Keeping Warm on Winter Rides January 7, 2016
- Oh, snap! I broke it! December 1, 2015
- The Case Against Bicycle Repair Nihilism November 23, 2015
- Bicycle Coalition Needs to Shift to Higher Gear March 23, 2015
- New Year, New Gear: Fixies are Out, Velocipedes are In March 16, 2015
- Silva Cycles porteur rack March 4, 2015
- #PhillyBikeLove Photo Contest Winners February 27, 2015
- Call for Submissions: What does bicycling mean to you in Philadelphia? February 25, 2015
- Philly Bike Share + Independence Blue Cross = Indego February 11, 2015